4 ways to keep your Instagram profile safe:
KEEP IT SIMPLE AND PRIVATE
If you don’t want your photos to be public and available to be seen by everyone, you can make your profile private.
To only share your photos with the users you choose, like your friends and family, follow these steps:
1. Go to your Instagram profile window.
2. Click on the three dots in the right corner.
3. At the bottom you’ll find the Private Account option. Make sure this security setting is ON. (The button should turn to Blue)
BLOCK FOLLOWERS YOU DON’T KNOW
In this case, you will have to manually remove (Block) the people you don’t want to see your photos.
To remove one of your followers from your list, follow these steps:
1. Go to your Followers list and check out the people who follow you.
2. Tap on the user that you want to block.
3. From the top-right corner, tap on the menu button.
4. In the new window, choose the Block User option.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION – OR NOT
If it’s too late to do that and just want to remove check-ins you already have, this is how you remove location from Instagram photos:
1. Go to your Instagram photos
2. Find those photos that have a location attached to them and hit the options menu (top right corner, three vertical dots)
3. Select edit, then click on the location of the photo. If you leave that field empty, location will be deleted.
MANUALLY APPROVE PHOTO TAGS
To do this, follow these steps:
1. Go to your Instagram profile account and access the Photos of You area.
3. Tap the menu button in the top-right corner.
4. Choose the option to add photos manually to your profile.